Olaine Chemical-Pharmaceutical Plant was established in October 10, 1972 as a state enterprise. At the beginning, the factory manufactured only biologically active substances.
Later it also started manufacturing finished pharmaceuticals, and the factory became one of the largest chemical-pharmaceutical enterprises in the Soviet Union producing more than 25 products.
JSC Olaine Chemical-Pharmaceutical Plant is the largest chemical – pharmaceutical manufacturer in the Baltic States. The main activities of the company are:
– production of high quality biologically-active and other chemical compounds through organic synthesis, both for the existing products and customised orders (contract manufacturing);
– production of finished pharmaceuticals from self-synthesised, as well as purchased substances, mostly in the form of tablets and capsules.
Presently JSC Olainfarm manufactures 78 finished pharmaceuticals and 35 different active pharmaceutical substances and chemical intermediaries.
The main export markets for the company are the CIS states (Russia, the Ukraine, Byelorussia etc.) accounting for more than half of total output.
Export of products to the European Union is less than 10%. Russian crisis of 1998 created the need for reorientation of market priorities, as it had a substantially negative effect on the company’s performance and its shares’ prices.
In 1998 the company started the actual re-orientation towards the Western markets. At present contracts for manufacturing of chemical intermediates are concluded with several Western companies.
JSC Olainfarm hereby announces the dates on which its financial reports will be published in 2017:
unaudited consolidated report for 12 months of 2016 on February 28, 2017;
· unaudited consolidated report for 3 months of 2017 on May 31, 2017;
· unaudited consolidated report for 6 months of 2017 on August 31, 2017;
· unaudited consolidated report for 9 months of 2017 on November 30, 2017
Audited standalone and consolidated reports for 2016 will be published on April 27, 2017.